|Figure: NOVIS with manual actuation
|Figure: NOVIS with pneumatic actuation
NOVIS – The cost-effective valve series for cryogenic applications
The Novis valve series 500 from STÖHR ARMATUREN offers a standardised and cost-effective valve for cryogenic applications for liquid nitrogen temperature (77 K/-196 °C).
Our series 500 has been designed for applications that do not require the complexity of vacuum jacketed installation.
The series 500 is built to high specifications and quality offering high flow rates where low maintenance and high integrity sealing is required, using reliable gland packing rather than bellow sealing.
The STÖHR ARMATUREN series 500 offers considerable benefits through reduced delivery time and reduced cost at acquisition and installation on site.
Product features of Series 500 at a glance
- Shut-off (globe valve) or regulation (control valve) function
- Body housing in Y-form with stem extension
- Body housing and connections made from stainless steel
- Suitable for aggressive, neutral, gaseous or liquid media, specially optimized for gases down to cryogenic temperatures
- Manual or pneumatic actuator (also in stainless steel)
- Pneumatically actuated drive with smooth operation
- Fail-safe position selectable on order (NO, NC)
- Control valve is equipped with a standard regulation cone with equal percentage trim
- Proven and reliable tightness to outside by gland packing seal, even at cryogenic temperatures
- High flow capacity by streamlined internal geometry of the housing even in partially opened state
- Connections with standard welding-ends
- Long-lasting operating times, low-maintenance and reliable valve stem sealing
- Long service life with respect to the switching frequency